To strive for excellence in teacher education and to prepare quality teachers, educational practitioners and researchers.
- To prepare academically reflective, culturally sensitive, socially responsible, pedagogically sound and technology-savvy teachers.
- To produce intellectually sound, inquisitive, value-oriented and technically skilled educational practitioners and researchers.
- To pursue conceptual, field-oriented and need based studies in teacher education.
To inculcate the following values among the student-teachers –
- Academic Integrity and Competence
- Cultural Sensitivity and Tolerance
- Social Affinity and Inclusion
- Duty, Responsibility & Accountability
- Professional Honesty and Commitment
- Respect for Human Freedom and Dignity
- Sensitivity to Diversity, Equity and Social Justice
- Appreciation of Originality, Creativity and Research
- Quest for Excellence