Integration of theoretical understanding by contextualizing and personalizing through/with practical experiences in order to consolidate and enhance the knowledge and skills of B.Ed. students.
The role of the psychology laboratory is to enrich/ improve the understanding of the B.Ed. students about:
- Classroom processes of learning, teaching, development (different aspects), measurement, assessment and evaluation and
- The dynamics of the students, teachers, other school personnel including principal and administrative staff, parents, community etc.
Objectives identified and pursued:
- To acquaint the prospective teachers with various tools for measurement of relevant dimensions of performance (Achievement, Intelligence, Attitude, Aptitude, Interest, Motivation, Personality etc.).
- To develop the skills for administering and interpreting various tests
- To utilize data to ensure balanced development of learners in the school system.
The Psychology Laboratory at the College thus plays an important role in ensuring the development of comprehensive understanding of tasks and responsibilities for the
prospective teachers/educators. The lab has over 130 tests and apparatus/equipment for testing and assessing various aspects considered to be meaningful in achieving requisite assessment of these dimensions. The student–teachers are encouraged to enhance their awareness about the different aspects mentioned and use their understanding to develop and consolidate the dynamic “profiles” that emerge about the school children, the schools and themselves. The lab also has in store some of the good reports that were submitted by the B.Ed. students of the previous years.